2/15/10

It's that time again

Well, looking back over to the last post, I realize it's been ages since I did one. When I started this I intended on doing a daily post, which morphed to a weekly, which morphed to a monthly, and now it has managed to get to quarterly or longer. Whups.

But, never fear, the new year is here, and a new hiking season will be upon us sooner than can be imagined. Granted, people do winter hiking and camping, it's just not for me. Yet. I feel the new season will bring a fresh round of pictures and tales of adventure. After reading the last bit of that statement, I realize I've been reading far too much Lord of the Rings. While there is no doubt it will be an adventure being in the back country of Colorado once again, it'll be nothing like those adventures.

I can only state that I wish I'd thought more of it, and made it more of a priority to stay in good hiking shape over the last months. Unfortunately, I haven't, and I fear I'll regret that to no end. Not to say that I was ever in all that great of shape last season, but I did make some strides towards being 'less pear shaped' shall we say.
Anyways, on to the new season, and on to continuing the hike along towards Durango on the CO Trail.

I know I'll most likely spend far too much time hiking the trails in Eldorado again, but I do love being so close to a place I can hike for 6 hours, then be back home in time for dinner and a movie.


As for those of you who want a picture or two for some reason, here's a couple of them for you that are large enough to use as backgrounds (1200x900 pixels, originals are 4000x3000.)








1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Love this post! Great pictures, too.