3/12/11

So it's been a bit again...

So it's been a little since the last post, notice, not a year this time, so moving the right way, no?

While I was glad to get out hiking again at the end of last year, I'm terribly disappointed in how little I did. As a result of that, I gained back a good bit (alright, almost all) of the weight I'd lost since taking up hiking. There's not really any way to describe how annoying and disappointing that is. While I never got away from 'fat' I did move more towards a healthier weight, and I was feeling pretty good.

Now that we've had a good stretch of clear and quite nice weather, interrupted a few times by a cold snap or two, I've decided to try and get back into the groove of things. I started doing a bit of exercise with one of those DVD series (not really hiking training, but, will help move towards my previous weight) of workouts. Nothing crazy, just a 10 minute thing every day.

As this is a hiking blog type thing, I'm also going to attempt to hike every weekend. Even if that hike is just up Rattlesnake Gulch, or maybe the Eldorado Trail. Both are about 6 miles round trip (or I can do 6 miles of it, Eldorado Trail is about 7 miles, as I recall.) For reminders of those two places, and well, because I tend to do pictures on here...


Rattlesnake Gulch:




Eldorado Trail:



Yep, the first one is from a long time ago, and I've probably used it before. The second, not sure if I've used it before, but it's from a while ago.

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

Good for you! Are you going to start this weekend?

Trent said...

This weekend? No. Maybe next weekend. All depends on the weather.

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Well, the battle of the bulge is a lot more challenging than it's cracked up to be! Two months ago Bruce decided to try a new method by doing Weight Watchers on line and he is now down just over twenty pounds. This is much better success than anything else he has every tried! But with it comes the awareness that this has to be a lifestyle change and not a season of weight-loss focus! THAT is the hard part!

Keep on! And keep up with the reports -- I think that helps, somehow!

The bonus here is that we get the glimpse of the hikes!