3/30/09

More planning on the CO Trail Trip

I'm going to try and pin down some dates for the CO Trail hikes I want to do. This is all with the guess of making 10 miles per day. (Start approx 8:30am, camp at approx 6:30pm)



I need to find my CO Trail Databook before I make the judgment call on where to stop the first night. Though, it will be most of the way through the segment.



Week 1:

Saturday, May 23, 2009: Drop off for Segment 3. (Maybe drop off on Friday to camp out and get an early start the next day without having to get up before 5am.)


Day 1:
Camp at approximately mile 10, leaving 2.7 miles before the end of this segment.


Day 2:
Finish Segment 3, begin Segment 4.
Camp at approximately mile 9, leaving 7.6 miles on Segment 4.


Day 3:
Finish Segment 4, begin Segment 5.
Camp at approximately mile 3, leaving 11 miles in Segment 5.


Day 4:
Continue on Segment 5, for 10 miles
Camp at approximately mile 13, leaving 1.4 miles in Segment 5.


Day 5:
Finish Segement 5, being Segment 6.
Camp at approximately mile 9, leaving 23 miles in Segment 6.


Day 6:
Continue on Segment 6.
Camp at approximately mile 19, leaving 12 miles in Segment 6.


Day 7:
Continue on Segment 6.
Camp at approximately mile 29, leaving 4 miles in Segment 6.

Week 2:

Day 8:
Finish Segment 6, begin Segment 7.
Camp at approximately mile 6, leaving 7 miles in Segment 7


Day 9:
Finish Segment 7, begin Segment 8.
Camp at approximately mile 3, leaving 22 miles in Segment 8.


Day 10:
Continue on Segment 8.
Camp at approximately mile 13, leaving 9 miles in Segment 8.


Day 11:
Finish Segment 8, begin Segment 9.
Camp at approximately mile 1, leaving 13 miles in Segment 9.


Day 12:
Continue Segment 9.
Camp at mile 11, leaving 3 miles in Segment 9.


Day 13:
Finish Segment 9, Begin Segment 10.
Camp at approximately mile 7, leaving 6 miles in Segment 10.


Day 14:
Finish Segment 10.
Camp in my own bed, and recover for the next week of work, wishing and dreaming of being back on the trail.

Pickup on Friday, June 5. This is an unplanned thing for me, I was planning on being picked up a day later, on Saturday, maybe even Sunday. This may let me relax my "10 miles per day" strategy. Which may allow some people to join me at different times.


There's the rough outline of the Segments/days. I feel that Segment 10 is entirely optional, if I don't have enough time left to complete it at the end of Segment 9, that's entirely fine.



I was off in the milage on the previous post.

Segment 3 12.7
Segment 4 16.6
Segment 5 14.4
Segment 6 32.9
Segment 7 12.8
Segment 8 25.4
Segment 9 13.6
Segment 10 13.0

Total: 141.4

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

It sounds like you are getting your planning all in place. That's a good thing. That is a long way to hike.

Trent said...

I may change up the days on how long segment 6 will take. I looked at the elevation profile, and it's up and down faster than a roller coaster. That may take an extra day and put me in to saturday before I finish.

Anonymous said...

yay I get to stalk your blog
hehe =p