6/27/09

Blast from the past

Since I just got the new netbook, and figured out how to make my phone share out my internet access, I get to post and surf the net from where ever I really feel like it now. So, while sitting around feeding my caffeine addiction, I decided to start looking through some of my older pics from last year, and came across the ones from Humboldt Peak. Some are good enough to post, I guess. I'll have to upload them when I get home, because this connection isn't the best for that kind of thing, but I can at least write this thing while I sit here.

This one is from the trail to the campsite near the base of the Crestones, a short walk from the trailhead. I'm sure some of these are repeats of the ones my mom first posted back when Mike and I first went up and did the hike. There was a 1.5 mile hike from where we parked the truck to where we actually camped before heading up the mountain the next day.

Down the valley out towards how we came in:




Crestone:




Crestone covered with something sort of like half-melted hail falling:



The view up the valley towards Crestone, with the ridge over towards...I forget what, over to the saddle to Humboldt:




Crestone again, after the snow-ish hail quit falling and we were after pictures and water:




View back down the valley from South Colony Lakes:




Figured I'd just do a random post with an old hike in it. Just because I could, and because I wanted to see how well this would work out typing and everything else on the new setup. It works pretty well.

5 comments:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Wait a minute -- did you do that post from a cell phone? Maybe I should go back and read more carefully! How could you do all that typing from a phone keypad! I must have it wrong!

Trent said...

I made the post from my new netbook, but I used my phone for the internet access. There's a program to share my internet connection from my phone out through the phone's wifi card. So I guess I'm literally a walking wifi hotspot.

Jeanette said...

I do like these pictures with all that misty rainy-haily-whatever in them. This must really be nice to have such a small lightweight setup that you can take around easily and go online with. I will have to see it better when I get home!

Trent said...

I've found it's a lot easier to go to starbucks and type up a post than it is to sit at home and do it. I don't know why, but there's less distractions or something. I can type the post up there, with the names of the pictures I want in it, then come home, edit the post and add the pictures where I want them.

Anonymous said...

That was a fun trip, I'd like to go back there - I still need to tag the summit of Kit Carson which is one of the fourteeners on the other side of the ridge